I am writing this letter so you will always have it, you can look on it often and know that I am so thankful for your unconditional love. There were several times I did not deserve it and now that I am a mom myself I finally understand. One of my hopes is that with this letter you never have any doubts about what kind of mom you are and always have been. You are the kind of mom I pray that I can be to our girls. A loving, honest, disciplined, break the rules sometimes kind of mom. With that being said here are some things I need you to know.
- This is number one because it is most important to me. Thank you for being a Godly woman and for finding your way back to God. Your baptism day was one of the best days of my life. I love knowing that I will have no questions when it comes to knowing we will spend eternity together.
- The times that you have been brutally honest with me are the times that I have never forgotten and cherish. My favorite being the day you told me that nobody can MAKE you feel the way you feel, that usually it was an insecurity of my own that was making me feel that way. That has helped keep me balanced especially in my marriage.
- Thanks for baking with me as a kid, letting me play in the dirt while you planted flowers and tap dancing in the basement while you did laundry. I look back on those times often and can see us in the house on 47 together, much like Brin and I do now here on 47. I love quality time with you.
- Thank you for putting me in dance to help my pigeon toe. Look at the lives that have already been impacted and that will be impacted because of a decision you made. That’s HUGE!
- I remember as a kid being annoyed that everyone would say I looked just like my mom…not now. I am happy I do because you are beautiful. The most beautiful smile and spirit that I know…it is contagious and the best part is I see it in our Brinlee.
- I want you to know how sorry I am for all of the times that I yelled, hit, called you names or told you I wanted to live somewhere else. Teenage angst and I hope I handle it with as much grace as you did.
- Your belief in me is one of the many reasons I am the woman who I am and am trying to make the impact that I am. You have always said I can do anything I put my mind to. This is true. Please feel free to keep telling me that as I embark on this next journey. I have a feeling I am going to need it.
- Thank you for loving my kids the way that only you can and all though I often get on you about it, thanks for giving them sweets and treats. They will cherish those memories and grammy and bumpa’s house.
- Thank you for teaching me discipline, hard work, responsibility, and most importantly how to love.
And last thank you for praying for me. I know it has made all the difference. Jesus heard your prayers and gave me Brian and my life was forever changed.
I could go to 100 but these are my top 10. You really are a remarkable woman and mother. God blessed Jason and I from day one when He gave us to you. We are very lucky kids.
I love you mom,